So, I’m sitting here in my beach front condo on the Gulf coast of Florida.
I am thinking to myself, why would anyone want to travel to Florida? You can go anywhere in the United States or the World for that matter. So, why do so many people travel to Florida making it one of the top destinations in the world?
Florida has everything you could want in a vacation. That is why we venture there quite often and also have devoted an entire website about it.
What do I mean? Well, again I am sitting there writing this down, overlooking the Gulf. The smell of the sea, the breeze penetrating my every pore, the beauty and mystery it brings, and the peace you’ll feel will overcome you immediately.
If you live a hectic schedule and have a tough time relaxing, this will never be a problem when you are sitting beach front. It all reminded me of a great quote from the movie, Forrest Gump, “You don’t know where the earth ends and heaven begins.”
Besides the ocean, Florida offers an array of activities that you will ultimately enjoy.
Here are some excellent things to do in Florida, which is why it’s such a great destination
1. You can sit on the beach and play in the ocean. This is a no-brainer. We love to walk the beach, bathe in the sun, play in the waves, and watch the beautiful people.
So, what types of things do you do on your vacation? What activities do you have planned? Do you relax, go active, or a little of both?
2. Play some golf. There are excellent golf courses all over the world to choose from and you can even plan an entire golf vacation.
3. Go fishing. Deep sea fishing or fishing from a pier is a blast. If you have never done this try it once, you’ll love it.
4. Other sporting activities like scuba, snorkeling, water skiing, para-sailing, renting jet skis, or whatever. There are a ton of water activities to choose from.
5. Day trips and tours are awesome choices. Rent a boat for the day. Take a barefoot cruise. Venture over to Orlando and go to Disney World or any theme park. Dinner cruises, exploring, hiking, tours at local sites, and anything else that you can think of.
6. Go shopping! Yes, the ladies will love this one and probably already have it planned. I hate to shop, but it is actually fun when I am on vacation. It wears me out though. Take some extra money and visit the local shops, find souvenirs, and spend some of that hard-earned money.
7. Take a drive. We have rented convertibles or motorcycles for a couple of days and just explored the area. One time, we went from Miami to Key West and spent the day there. Another time, we traveled up the A1A highway along the Atlantic Coast of Florida, enjoying the luxurious homes, yachts, and views. You can even do this as a weekend getaway. Find a cool spot that’s only 6 hours or less away and take off. We always have fun doing this.
8. Take in local entertainment, events, restaurants, and such. Go dancing, find the best watering holes, do something romantic, party likes its 1999. Remember, you are on vacation and it’s time to have some fun and do stuff you don’t usually get to do at home.
9. Find romance, eat like a fool at many of the wonderful establishments, find a local watering hole, listen to music, enjoy sunsets, and so much more!!!
The list is as endless as your imagination. These are just a few general ideas that we always plan on doing. Be creative and try new things. This is why Florida is such a great vacation spot and so popular. There are things to do in Florida for everyone!
Find More Top Florida Golf Courses Articles